The 2018-2019 concert season promises to be an exciting time at the Amarillo Symphony. The Amarillo Symphony Guild invites you to consider being a part of the 2018-2019 year as a Belle or Beau. The Belle and Beau Program is a long-time tradition for the Amarillo community. It is possible that one of your parents participated in this program! Belles and Beaux serve as ushers for the Amarillo Symphony concert season during their senior year of high school. These young ladies and gentlemen are the sons and daughters of Amarillo Symphony Guild members. They attend orientation meetings and social events to prepare them for jobs such as greeting patrons and ushering at the Symphony concerts. They also participate in one or more community service projects throughout the year. Many participants report their membership and service in this fine arts program on their college applications.
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Belle and Beau Program. Responsibilities and requirements include:
- Applicant must be the daughter/son of
- an active member of the Symphony Guild;
- a family/individual who holds the equivalent of two (2) season tickets to the Amarillo Symphony during their Senior year. Ticket vouchers are included in the Belle & Beau package at the base ticket price for two (2). If you wish to purchase season tickets instead, please contact the Symphony Office (additional fees may apply).
- Ushering and greeting patrons at Symphony concerts and other service requirements of the Guild.
- A $200 non-refundable deposit (applied to total program fees) to the Guild as a Belle or Beau. If applicant resides more than 50 miles from Amarillo, you may choose to be an associate member. Associate members are not required to participate in service projects. The associate belle/beau fee is an additional $100 which will be added to the total program fees.
- Complete payment of program fee for 2018-2019 Belle and Beau Program. Total program fee for 2018-2019 is $1200 for Belles and $1000 for Beaux (the $200 deposit is non-refundable and due upon registration and will be applied to your total program fees). Belle/Beau fee includes: parent Guild membership, Belle/Beau ensemble, concert tickets for 2 (total 14), one (1) parent ball ticket, meeting expenses, formal program book photo. Additional expenses may include: Associate fee (if applicable) of $100, season ticket upgrades, additional ball tickets and ball ticket for Belle/Beau date.
Application forms and deposit payment will not be accepted after February 28, 2018