Education Impact for the 2021-2022 School Year
This school year our education programs reached 16,273 students! Through our programs we strive to inspire, educate, and unite youth of this region through the power of music!
- • 243 budding musicians cultivated
- • 4 ensembles based on skill level
- • 2 performances at the Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts
- • Spring 2022 concert collaboration with Amarillo Youth Choirs
- • 43% of students from a diverse background
- • 3 full days of valuable musical performance and competition
- • 6,900 students served at Amarillo College, the Civic Center, and the Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts
- • Prestigious state-recognized judges
- • Countless lifelong memories for students!
- • 3,761 students with access to live professional music
- • Live symphonic performance of Peter and the Wolf, a work introducing orchestral
instruments and themes
- • Engaging K-2nd grade students
- • 93% of schools reached were Title I schools
- • 3,299 3rd to 5th grade students engaged with science and music
- • Live symphonic performance of Water in Nature
- • Connecting science with musical works and themes
- • 76% of schools reached were Title I schools
- • Amarillo Symphony principal string musicians in classrooms and senior living communities
- • 690 students and 150 • seniors reached
- • Interactive performances for audiences of all ages!
- • Professional string quintet demonstrating string instruments to young students
- • Every 3rd grade classroom (~1,080 students) in Amarillo ISD visited
- • For the first time, every 3rd grade classroom (~300 students) in Canyon ISD visited this year
- • The world of string instruments opened to students!
Stay updated on the latest news and events from Amarillo Symphony.