fbpx

SYMPHONY SUPPORT

Musician Relief

AND MATCHING RESPONSE FUND

The world has changed beyond recognition during the past few weeks, and the daily life of the Panhandle of Texas with it.

We have all had to make difficult decisions and take steps that would have been unthinkable until recently, which is why we are also launching a focused appeal to help our musicians and staff, to secure our educational and community programs, and to reach the areas of greatest need at this time—for the sake of the future quality of life in the Texas Panhandle.

We ask that you consider supporting the Symphony in two important areas: the Matching Response Fund and the Musician Relief Fund.

To give to either or both of these funds, please donate online by clicking the link on this page or mail a check to the Amarillo Symphony, P.O. Box 2586, Amarillo, TX 79105, or call the Symphony office (806-376-8782). If you are giving to the Musician Relief Fund, please note as much in the “additional comments” box for an online donation or in the memo of your check.

MATCHING RESPONSE FUND

What is the Response Fund?
Our general fund for all other aspects of COVID-19 related impacts across the Symphony; from the day-to-day operations of the Symphony to next year’s educational, community, & concert experiences.

Why are we asking for help?
As you know, we are currently in an unprecedented situation. This fund exists to ensure that great music and meaningful musical education remain strong in the Panhandle as we press forward through this exceptional time and look to our 96th year of making music together.

Donate to the fund:
Through the kindness of donors and sponsors, the Symphony has currently raised $42,500 towards a matching gift, and 25% of the matching gift has already been raised through the donations of the Amarillo Symphony Board of Trustees. Please consider joining our board members in matching the remaining 75% of this gift.

This fund is supported by your charitable donations only. Your donation is matched dollar for dollar, having double the impact on the Symphony and, ultimately, on the quality of life in the Panhandle of Texas. Matching Response Fund lead gifts are provided by Mr. and Mrs. Alfred J. Smith, Drs. Raymond Martin and Victoria Thompson, and the Dr. Kent Roberts and Ilene Roberts Balliett Foundation.

MUSICIAN RELIEF FUND

What is the Musician Relief Fund? 
One of our priorities is to help the musicians of our orchestra who might be affected by this pandemic, those who may depend on freelance income for their livelihood and require additional help through exceptional circumstances.

Why are we asking for help? 
We are seeking to support our musicians – but we can’t do this by ourselves. The musicians of the orchestra bring untold civic and social value to Amarillo and the surrounding region. This is a small way to ensure their safety and security during these turbulent times.

Donate to the fund: 
This fund is supported by your charitable donations only. All donations will be overseen by the Amarillo Symphony Board of Trustees, and all funds donated to the Musician Relief Fund will be dispersed to individual musicians of our orchestra. Please include “Musician Relief Fund” in the additional comments box when donating online.

Help us to support our musicians through these unprecedented times. Please help a musician in need.

2019-2020 Single Tickets On Sale Now

Call 806.376.8782 for more information and to order.

Buy Tickets