• Work in small groups with Amarillo Symphony musicians and other area educators.
• Dramatically improve their playing level & learn orchestra masterworks.
• Learn preparation, personal responsibility, respect for others, and build team skills.
• Meet & socialize with musicians from other schools and other cultural backgrounds.
• Students involved with ASYO are strongly encouraged to be enrolled in private lessons. For information on recommended private instructors in the area, call the Amarillo Symphony office – 806.376.8782.
Member musicians are expected to be active in their school instrumental music programs, provided one is available. We wish to enhance, not replace, the school programs our area has to offer; involvement in multiple ensembles makes for a well-rounded musician.
Stay updated on the latest news and events from Amarillo Symphony.